Deputy Chief P.J. Norwood and Captain Sean Gray discuss how fireground strategy and tactics have evolved in light of fire research conducted around the world. They discuss the fire tetrahedron and how fuel, heat, and air all affect a fire’s growth or extinguishment. Gray and Norwood take the lessons learned from the research as well as their general knowledge of the fireground to illustrate safer and more effective ways to operate on the fireground. They discuss how to apply this new understanding of fire behavior to two of the fire service’s most important tasks: search and fire attack. This book is an important resource for anyone wanting to put new fire dynamics research to action.
You will learn:
- How firefighting activities affect the fire tetrahedron
- To stay safe while working in the flow path on the fireground
- Search methods that isolate the firefighter and victim
- Fire attack methods that minimize the air fed to the fire
- Incident command size up and decision making
by Sean Gray & P.J. Norwood188 pages/6x9/Flexbound cover/2018 ISBN10: 1593704054