As firefighters, even how we answer the phone or the door makes a first and lasting impression on the public and the community we serve. Author Jason Hoevelmann fills in the gaps that may exist in fire service teaching to better prepare you for a lifetime of the greatest job on earth. The New Company Officer tackles the not-so-obvious challenges you will face during your fire service career.
- Why do firefighters make bad decisions on the job and off duty?
- How can firefighters deal with their own problems and their challenges as firefighters?
- How can you enrich our own career and help your fellow firefighters improve, grow, and advance their own career?
The New Company Officer strives to make a big impact on your department and your success. “We do an excellent job pulling hose and throwing ladders,” Hoevelmann writes, “but how do we deal with people every day?” Some of the goals book will help you to achieve are to: be prepared, set expectations, follow through, serve, listen, be humble, be a leader, make no excuses, do your best, and do what others won’t do.
What you will learn:
- How to handle difficult colleagues
- How to create company drills that keep your firefighters proficient
- How to delegate and lead by example
86 pages/Softcover/6x9/2018 ISBN10: 1593704119